Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm gonna keep on lovin' you...

We had the daunting first appointment a couple weeks ago, and I must say the biggest milestone thus far was seeing our baby for the first time. Anyone who has or is in the process of having a child can agree, it’s the most amazing feeling in the world!! Logically I knew I was pregnant, but when they started the sonogram and that baby popped up on the screen it was like a surprise party. “Surprise, there’s YOUR BABY!!!” Insanity. We also got to hear the heartbeat, which was 170 beats per minute, pretty fast for such a little thing! As of now baby is measuring at about 3 inches long, and approximately an ounce in weight..we’ve both got a long way to go! Our doctor said everything looks perfect, and we’re really excited to see what’s new at our next appointment. We were blessed with a wonderful doctor that we both absolutely adore, and I’m thankful for such a knowledgeable person to be holding my hand along the way. Of course our baby is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, so here’s me warming up in my role as mom and showing “her” off. (We’re hoping for a girl, and I have a feeling it’s a girl, so we’ll refer to the baby from here on out as a girl. =] We’ll obviously be happy either way with a healthy baby!)


Our little one. (Help us come up with a cute nickname for lil' fetus in the womb. =]) She was moving around and having a party the entire time..very weird to see something moving inside of you, but not feel it!!


Baby's heartbeat, or the equalizer to a REO Speedwagon song, whichever makes more sense. ;]


--Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I think you should call this little blessing BOB (baby of Barnett....;)

    ReplyDelete