Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sunset Swish

Plants! Plants are one of God's wonderful gifts to us. I love plants. God also give some of us the ability to grow a garden of Eden in a pot like my Grandma Barnett on the Farm, others who did not receive this gift are good at starting forest fires. I'd like to think that I'm pretty good at growing plants. My family had a lot of gardens all my life and I really miss those gardens. I wont say we were out there every day pullings weeds, I wont say that I ever pulled weeds. I will say that it was fun and the veggies and fruits were probably the best in the world. So Kristin and I decided to start our own sort of garden. We bought a potted tomato plant. We figured we'd do alright with it because we had revived my bonsai tree and are growing back the missing arms of our Christmas Cactus. As with all our plants we just about killed it at first, there was not sunlight on our balcony. Yet we moved it to the very edge and it seems to be doing better, it also seems to be growing off our balcony. I hope the apartment doesn't mind.
I got my books! Any one who knows me really well knows that it is a big deal to me when I get books that I order. I just really like to read I guess. So a couple of weeks ago I ordered the first book to The Sword of Truth series. I think there are twelve books in the series so it should keep me going for a little while. A few days later I received an email that said my book was not coming because they were sold out of it. Only a small rock in the road so I ordered it again from a different seller. Another couple of days went by and another email came saying that the seller didn't even respond to my wanting to buy the book. Fail! Yet I am persistent. This time I bought the first three books as a box set. I just received it Monday.
For all of you who don't know this series is now a television show called Legend of the Seeker. I'm four chapters in and its really good.

Kerry

1 comment:

  1. You and Tatum are reading series I guess I need to read...and they have a ton of books in the series. When will I have time to do that?

    ReplyDelete