Friday, April 30, 2010

This is one doodle that can't be undid, homeskillet...

So here goes my first pregnant lady rant, deep breath everyone. Since when is preggo a real word? My guess is that someone found an abnormally plump waffle and said it’s a pregnant eggo..it’s..a..preggo! (Thanks Eggo, I expect the royalties for this one.) It’s not acceptable for any other medical condition to have a shortened, trendy form, that’d be disrespectful. Now I’m not saying that I take offense to this word, it just rubs me the wrong way. I’m mature enough to make the decision to have a child, so I’d appreciate it if an adult vocabulary were to accompany that. Preggers is another sand-papery word that I feel like should be thrown around between middle schoolers. The sad part is that I’m sure they both stemmed from teen pregnancies, but that could just be me stereotyping. Either way, I’m a 21 year old adult married woman, who is pregnant, with child, expecting, or just a plain ol’ mom.



Kerry got me an early Mother's Day present..I feel like I'm part of a new club. :)

--Kristin

3 comments:

  1. I looked at the shirt for you too...lol I also agree use the whole word or don't use it at all! You look adorable in your new shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! Those "words" almost sound...trashy! Bleh. I don't believe I even feel comfortable using preggers or preggo as a replacement for the title of being pregnant and becoming a mother. It's much to sacred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really didn't like those words either, but, thought maybe they were words of this era so I tolerated them. You can't wear that shirt, cause that means I'm about to be a grandma and I'm way too young for that.

    ReplyDelete