Friday, May 28, 2010

Baby Bok Choy: What is it, and why is it stuck in my head??

Today was my day off, so it was a pretty lazy day. I haven't had my hair cut or dyed since before I found out I was pregnant, and then when I found out it was too late. I had to wait until I got into the second trimester, and then I haven't really had free time since then. Needless to say it was way overdue, it looked like there was an animal living on my head. My appointment was with a girl that I worked with at a previous job, and she had talked about going to the school I go to (I go to a hair academy..since they're students it's a lot cheaper!) to get my hair done, so when I saw her in there the last time I went I knew I had to book with her. I showed up and knowing that she was an artist, turned her loose with whatever she wanted to do. Her hair is super cute, so I knew it'd work out, and I'm not picky at all with color, only length. We ended up with a blackish "shadow" on the bottom layer, reddish purple pieces by my face and bangs, and lots of blonde thrown around on top. My hair is EXTREMELY thick, so I usually have it cut with a razor, which scares most people, but she hopped right to it and literally thinned my hair out by half. (Oddly enough it looks exactly the same, good because I have hair still, but bad because I have so freakin' much hair!!) She did an awesome job and I would totally recommend her. Her name is Corrina and she's at The Salon Professional Academy off 121 in Lewisville. Kerry's going in for a cut with her next week, so we'll have to get a picture up of that magic when it happens. ;]
Once we were both home we checked the mail and there was an invitation to my sister LeeAnn's baby shower in there, so we decided to shop for a gift and get that knocked out, seeing as it is only a few short days after we return from vacation. I think she'll like what we picked out, but I'll spare you the details because I'm not sure if she's a reader or not. ;]
We ended the day with a nice swim, I've come to love the pool. My big ol' pregnant self can float around weightless, and make Kerry drag me around the pool like a train. =] It's really relaxing, especially when it's dark and I can't get sunburned! I'm sure that'll become routine.



My new swimsuit this year. It's a 2-piece, so I'm sure as I grow it'll be like the moon, that sliver of skin will get bigger and bigger! And yes, I'm well aware that horizontal stripes aren't flattering, but it was just too darn cute to pass up. =]

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment