Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shop til you drop

Kerry’s more creative when it comes to posting ahead of time, so I’m sure mine seem bland and boring..I’m just writing about what I know, not any future tense mumbo jumbo. Anyhoo, who doesn’t like to read posts about the baby? I know I sure do love to write them. =] Last week I went to a consignment sale (giant garage sale) with my sister who’s also expecting, and picked up some fun treasures. My sister’s mother-in-law is a sweet, sweet lady, and gave all of the mommies some spending money, so at first I was just going to look for toys, because those can obviously be gender neutral, but by the end of the trip my sister and her mom had me convinced that I should pick up some clothes: they unleashed a monster. As if my need to buy baby things wasn’t bad enough before, bringing home outfits for my tiny child made it worse. I want the baby here now!! Obviously it’s not done “cooking” yet, so I don’t actually want it now, but you get my drift. I had the baby fever before I got pregnant, and now in a way it’s worse now that I am, I’m so anxious to meet my baby! It seems like the longest countdown ever, but in retrospect it seems like just last week that I found out I was pregnant, so all in “due” time. lol My mom informed me long before our trip home that she’d dig out all her baby stuff for me to go through, so I’m sure I’ll come home with even more. My unborn child will soon have more belongings than either of it’s parents, how cute.


A set of little toys I found: A hippo, chicken, turtle, and cell phone. Yes, I'm aware that a cell phone is not in fact an animal.


"Dresses" as I called them when my brother was a baby. Common sense hit me during that sale, and I knew that I would be too lazy to fully undress my baby during the middle of the night, how convenient for me.

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment