Sunday, May 30, 2010

Its nice to meet you sir!

I was thinking today, because I try to do that every day, about the things that would change when Kristin and I got married. I knew that I would wear a ring and I would call her wife. There were some tax differences and her name would change. Everything we owned would have to be in our name and she would be added to my insurance. All of this and it compares little to how much changes once you have a baby.
I was realizing that when you have a baby you give up so many things. I guess you don't have to give up so much but if you really want to be a good parent you ought to give up much of the things that you use to do. in my case I have to give up much less than a lot of my friends. i don't party or drink or what not already so I don't have to give any of that up. But I will have to give up spending money on certain things that I want to spend it on. I wont, and haven't, eaten out as much since we got pregnant. Also we have to give up space.
One of the things that Kristin and I are giving up this summer is concerts. We aren't going to be able to go to any with her big and pregnant. The loud noise, and all the people smashing in on Kris probably isn't very good for the baby.
But it is all worth it in the end, at least that's what they tell me. I have never been there and had a baby obviously but I can imagine how exciting it is. It is probably the single most exciting thing that has happened to me. I really thought that every one was excited about me getting married but that is nothing compared to the excitement of having a baby. I don't even have to say anything and some one will ask me about Kris or the baby. We, Kristin, me, and every one else I know, are all very excited for this Thursday when we get to find out the sex. Then maybe we'll play some games with name ideas.


-Kerry

2 comments:

  1. Having a Baby is very exciting. You and Kristin will be great parents if you are anything like you parents. Looks like you will be taking after mom with the name games.

    ReplyDelete