Sunday, May 9, 2010

I love my Mommy.

Many know my mom as Bernice Skiles, but to me she‘s always just been Mom. Everyone always says that of course, their mom is the best ever, but I really do believe that. It’s hard to realize it as you’re growing up and your parent is just an authority figure, but once you’re out of the house and look back and see what all they’ve done for you, it’s incredible. It’s mind-blowing when you think about it, and you’re suddenly wracked with a kind of guilt because you know there’s no way you can repay them. The best you can do is to do the same for your child, and take care of your parents later in life if need be. I’ve grown to appreciate and understand my mother so much better since I moved out of her house, and especially out of the state where I can’t see her on a regular basis. As a grown woman I still cry because I miss my mom..there’s times where she’s the only one that can fix the way you feel, no matter how old you get. Just like the book says, “I love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.”
My mom has taught me so much about how the world works and how to live with the people in it. She provided me with the kindling I needed as a child so that as an adult I could find the spark to ignite it and form a relationship with our Lord, she taught me the difference between right and wrong, and how in the end nothing matters except for those who love you, and how they’ll always be there for you no matter what. There’s no real way to describe your mother, and as I sit here with tears streaming down my face I can’t even begin to find the right words in the English language to remotely cover what she means to me and how much I love her. I wish that everyone could have as good of a relationship with their mother as I do with mine, and it breaks my heart to see girls, and even grown women, disrespect their mothers and take them for granted. I for one know that I will cherish every moment I get with her and treat her like the queen that she is. I love you Mom, and I miss you every minute of the day.


She helped make my day perfect, and I couldn't have done it without her.

--Kristin

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful Mother's Day present. You know you bring me to tears when you put your thoughts into printed words. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete