Friday, May 7, 2010

For all of your...

This is Mothers Day weekend, its a great weekend and so to commemorate it we are going to post about the mothers in our lives. This first one will be about my Grandma's. I'll start with my Grandma Barnett. GB is quite the character. She rides a motorcycle, a four wheeler, and likes roller coasters. She's pretty dangerous and fairly sly but all around a great grandma. GB is my dads mom and it is evident that she is one of the reasons I'm a better manager. She knows how to talk to people when they want to hide something.
My Grandma Morris makes jellies and jam and is never short on sweets. She grows about every sort of plant. She goes dancing and fishing and she volunteers about every place she can. Grandma Morris garage sales, yard sales, auction sales, and always finds a good buy.
now what you know about my Grandma's is only the surface. What makes them who they are is what they do for me. At some time in my life they have both taken me in to live with them. They put up with my antics and my pet peeves. They deal with my stories for hours on end and know that my wife has to love me for doing the same. But mostly they care, they care enough to listen and think about the problem or solution or just the circumstance. They help me through logical situations and emotional obligations. I know that by listening to and watching these amazing ladies that I have and will continue to learn. My grandma's are the greatest I could ever have, and I'll never ask for a refund.

Don't let those inoccent faces fool you, they are crafty.

-Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment