Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!!

We all know that the Barnetts are awesome, but so are the Skiles'. (Maymie still goes by my maiden name, she's Maymie Skiles. ;]) While I was at work this morning I got a call from Banfield Pet Hospital, her vet, and I thought, "Ahh crap, she's got another stinkin' appointment?!?" but when I listened to the voicemail I couldn't do anything but beam with joy: she was chosen as their featured "Pet of the Month." Granted, it was her name drawn out of a box, but it's still an honor. We joked around and said it was because we single-handedly fund their clinic (our running total there is probably over $1,300, EEEEK!!), but either way we're super excited and proud. This title gets some pictures of her posted on the board for everyone in Petsmart to see (if you're in the store on 3040, look for it!!) in the month of June, and a "goody bag" of stuff for us. It's so nice to want to show her off again, she's beautiful, and it wasn't too long ago that I was almost embarrassed to take her in public simply because to me, her wounds/hairless-ness reflected on me as a bad pet parent. Now I get to be a proud mommy and brag about her to everyone. Forget "My daughter is an Honor Student," hello "My puppy is 'Pet of the Month!'" =D



Having a celebratory treat. Little does she know it's the equivalent of brushing her teeth. ;]

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment