Monday, May 17, 2010

Kansans at Heart

We're heading back for the long drive home in the morning, with mixed emotions. I LOVE coming home to visit, it's nice to be somewhere that is slower paced where you can just breathe. Spending precious time with our family is always worth it, and always too short of a time. We're ready to get back to normal, but never ready to say goodbye. We will get to see Kerry's side of the family in a few weeks for our vacation with them, but we probably won't see my family until the end of the summer, and that's if my pregnant body is cooperating by that point. I always feel like such an adult, having my own house and making the big trip in my own car to see everyone, but when it's time to leave it's just like when you were dropped off at daycare as a child, devastating. It's so hard to live so far from everybody, and everytime we come back to Kansas I don't want to leave. God has everyone where he does for a reason, so I just find peace in that. We'll make frequent trips back with the baby I'm sure, but it just never gets any easier to leave. There really is "no place like home."
"Follow the yellow brick road..."
--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment