Monday, May 24, 2010

Growing up and Growing out

There's been a lot of growing going on in the Barnett house for the last few weeks. As you can rightly assume, it's mostly been on my part, but there were a couple other developments as well. I think mostly because of some good ol' home cooking while we were in Kansas, I'm finally back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. Nausea and lack of appetite caused me to lose around 10 pounds, but our doctor doesn't seem to mind. Normally I'd be stoked about that much weight loss, but when the goal is to do the opposite, it's kind of off putting. The good part about that though is that I know when I look at myself in the mirror I'm seeing all baby, and I'm not just getting fat. The baby is around 5 inches long and 5 ounces in weight, so we've got a good sized fetus now. I realize it's only a drop in the bucket compared to a 22 inch long 9 pound baby, but we've grown leaps and bounds since the days where it was the size of an orange seed! Like I said, we've got a couple of doctors appointments next week, and we can't wait. I think I've felt the baby move a couple of times, but I'm not 100% sure. Either way, it's definitely starting to feel more real. :)


Even though I failed to water the plant before we left, I came back to 3 ripe tomatoes grown on a tiny potted plant on our balcony. It doesn't get much sunlight, so it's growing out through the bars on our railing..what a miracle for it to flourish in less than desirable conditions.


Maymie has never been around any other cats, so when we go home to visit my parents it's always interesting. This time she chose to treat them as toys, chasing them, and barking at them when she couldn't get them. I took this a couple of days before we left; she finally realized that they're friends, not toys, how precious.


And finally, there's me, looking big as ever. It seems like I really "popped" last week, my little belly looks like a big ol' baby belly out of nowhere. I'm excited to finally look pregnant, and take advantage of the cute clothes mommy-in-law gave me. My mom seems to think I'm having twins because I'm so big, but I can assure you there's only 1 in there. And really, who DOESN'T expect a giant kid from Kerry and I?!


--Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Daddy will be envious...as he can't get a tomato plant to grow here. Forgot to bring it last night and woke up to 21 degree temps this morning...ugh! Hope it lives. Cute baby belly ;)

    ReplyDelete