Saturday, May 8, 2010

Grandmaz iz motherz 2

My Grandpa Skiles passed away when my dad was 3, my Grandpa Griggs passed away when I was fairly young, and my Grandma Griggs didn‘t come around often, so I never had the chance to have a real relationship with any of them. With that being said, my Grandma Skiles has filled all of those positions and beyond. She raised her 3 sons as a single, widowed mother, helped raise her grandkids, and even tolerated the pets that came along with them. I can remember her taking me on adventures when we were both younger, like to the park, or to garage sales and the U-Save shop. Now that she’s older she’s not able to get out like she used to, and I completely and 100% cherish every second that I have with her. She’s such a strong-willed woman, and I’ve learned a tremendous amount from her. She grew up during the Great Depression, lived abroad, and even helped assemble bombs during World War II. Knowing that my pint-sized Grandma accomplished all of these extremely tough feats gives me such a great amount of respect for her not only as a person, but as a woman. She’s showed me that women can do anything if they set their mind to it, and to never give up on something that’s worth fighting for. I hold her on a pedestal, and she’s got a very special place in my heart. I’m so proud to call her my Grandmother, and I’m honored that my children will get the privilege of having her as their Great-Grandma. She means the world to me, and I would be lost in this world without her. I love you Grandma, and I can’t wait to give you a hug and tell you that in person.


I couldn't have imagined my wedding day any other way, I'm so lucky to have gotten to share that day with her.

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment