Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm melting, I'm melting...

So we’re well into our stay in Kansas, and for everyone’s sake, I’m hoping it’s a lot cooler. Nights around the Barnett house have been restless and sleepless for about the last week, the climate here is terrible. It’s been in the 90s, and extremely humid, so even with wind the air is just stagnant. I’m sure you’re saying, “Turn on the air conditioner, dummy!” Yeah, tried that, set it to 75 (that’s low for us, we usually run it about 80) and the air blowing out wasn’t even cold..it was cooler outside than in my stinkin’ house with the AC on!! You can guarantee that I’ll have maintenance all over that when we get back. All in all, Texas heat + pregnancy has not faired well for me, it’s miserable, it just zaps my energy the second I walk out the door. I’m sure that sounds whiny, but at least I’m grateful for working AC, and the fact that I get to work indoors during the heat. I can’t imagine toughing it out in the “olden days”, but I’m sure melting like the Wicked Witch was the least of their worries while growing a baby. ;)

Believe it or not, she's actually sleeping like that..told you it's uncomfortable!!


--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment