Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yes Sir Boss!

Well yesterday was an extremely busy day, which is the reason that there were no posts made. So I'll post twice this morning for your reading entertainment.
So a few days ago I coaxed Justin into to letting me help him mow and manicure his lawn. Yesterday was the day to do that and thank God that it was sunny and not raining or else that would have been a bad day.
As you can see to your right here that there was plenty of work to be done. So of course we did the first thing that we should always do before you take on a great undertaking, we went and got something to eat. We were also out getting stuff to work with for those of you who think we were just being lazy. For all those twigs we got a new saw and we bought some string for the weed eater.
I started breaking those twigs in half so that we could set up a wood pile on side of the house for fire wood. I'm not exactly sure how its going to smell but if it isn't to bad then they have plenty of it for later on. Don't worry I did use the saw for some of the larger logs. But while breaking the twigs and sticks and logs with old school karate moves and sword fighting dances we learned when we were kids I found out that as an adult I act the exact same as I did ten years ago. My imagination runs wild whence I get a hold of a stick, and Justin has an evil laugh. I'm just glad we can all get along.
After stick breaking, mowing weed eating, sweeping and raking we were able to start on the back yard. While we were back there Justin and I helped lighten the load of a branch that was hanging over, and laying on, an electrical wire that ran to their house. No it wasn't the safest thing to do but we were careful and awesome.
Finally after it was all done and our shoes were either green or brown, they have a large dog, we were able to clean up and take a look at our prize. The picture above is after we were able to clean everything up and by golly that yard looks good.
I told Justin that we should do it again some time and he asked me with interest, "So is yard work fun in Kansas?"
Yes, Justin, yes. Basically its the only job there is in Kansas. I also wanted to mention that we were both very dirty when we were done. I had taken pictures of my leg showing the difference between the sock covered foot and the leg, to say the least it was very brown. I must say that it is nice to get out in the sun and work on the lawn. Now all I need in a Husqvarna. Oh and this last picture is Justin giving the thumbs up to a job well done.

Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment