Sunday, January 16, 2011

Aladdin

Today was another fun filled day. Taylor had to head back to Alamosa last night and today is the last day that Tatum, Nita, and Alex can stay. Its also Sunday so we get to go to the church my parents go to every week. I have heard a lot about the church so I was pretty excited. Well first impressions are a big deal and this church gave a big one. Right out front of the church is a huge statue of David standing over Goliath's head. Any church with that out front is a good deal in my book. I will say that my dad did look under Davids little cloth there to see if he was anatomically correct. Well there is still speculation.
In the church there was an area for babies to go. So we registered all of the kids and put them in their classes. This is the first time Sawyer has ever gone to one of those classes.
Back in service worship was good, very different from what we are use to. There was a choir and then lead singers. They sang some awesome songs even though we didn't know the words.
The preaching was also good. Again it was different from what we are use to but its good to know that there are great churches all over instead of just the one we go to. I think if I ever go to Colorado Springs I'll be attending Church For All Nations.
After church we went home and ate and then got ready to go to the Zoo. Now I have been to plenty of Zoos but this one was something else. The first thing we did was get out of the car. No wrong. The first thing we did was drive up a mountain. Then we got out of the car and went into the Zoo. We had to get a stroller for Sawyer's car seat as we didn't have enough room to bring his stroller. After that we went to look at some animals. The first things we came upon were pigs. I think dad and I are the only ones who stayed to look at them for a minute. Every one else went to the Giraffes. Not gonna lie the Giraffes were pretty cool. And the people at the Zoo hook it up. They give you crackers to give to the Giraffes so that their big heads come down and lick it out of your hands. Its pretty awesome.
As we were walking around the Zoo we saw all sorts of animals. I wish I could remember the Zoo name so you could all go look it up because it was really neat and they had some sweet exhibits. Then there were these monkeys. I posted the video of them I hope that they do some fun stuff in it. But mostly I wanted you all to hear them. They were so loud I heard them on the outside of the building they were in. I also really hope this plays. Okay night night.

--Kerry

1 comment: