Monday, January 17, 2011

Goofy

Tatum and Nita left either last night or very early this morning. Which means we spent a lot of the day hanging around the house chillin' out. It was good to have a day to just hang. But my mom had a head ache, so we kind of left her to take a nap and sleep while we went out to the mountains.
We were driving on our way to Garden of the Gods trying to convince Melia that the game she wanted to download on my dads phone wasn't all that awesome and she didn't really want to download it. It was a loosing battle. She made promises to never ask for anything ever again. Until she decided to get rid of the game that was. As we were driving I saw Manitou Springs from the road and told Kristin that she could say that she'd been there. So we decided just to go and check it out.
I know that I have been there before but it was a very long time ago and my concept of things has changed quite a bit since then. The town is a neat place to stop and look at with all of the houses built on top of each other. Of course the streets are very thin and the people, even though all we did was see them, seem a bit odd. Still its a cool place to go.
After getting turned around in Manitou we headed out to Garden of the Gods. We drove up and stopped at what we thought was an information place but it turned out just to be a gift shop. It was a pretty good place with a stuffed bear that stood around nine feet tall. But then it had some really stupid things (Blown glass for 80 dollars) and then some sweet clothes. The best thing we saw was a glass eagle that was... oh yeah... $3,000.00 NOT WORTH IT!!!
The mountains were cool and I'm telling you even with the cold there the sunset looked warm. This picture that I took is just one of many (I'll try to post more on other days) that I took while Dad, Melia and I were walking around. Sawyer needed to eat so Kristin stayed in the truck. We had fun looking at all of the different formations even if they said you can't climb on them.

--Kerry

1 comment: