Saturday, January 15, 2011

King Mickey

Today was the day you've been waiting for. It was the 15th of January and the birthday of my Grandpa Morris. I think he would have been 95 if he were still alive. This was the day we celebrated Braeden's first birthday. Oh my goodness its crazy that my little brother is already a year old. I can remember last year when he was just a baby small and odd looking. I measured him with my hands and he was about three hand lengths. But this year he is one. Its nice to have a number to your name.
<--This is Nicole. She came up with her parents for Braeden's birthday party. She was his baby sitter in Alamosa. Most of the pictures you see are taken by her mom whose name I can not remember at the time. They are really cool people and Nicole has baby skills of a master. Sawyer was crying and she took him and within moments he was asleep. A master. I wish I knew her secret. My aunt Kay made Braeden's cake and also came down for the party. There were so many pictures to pick from and I'm not a super huge fan of the cake on the face pictures so I got you one with him opening one of his presents. It just so happens to be one that Kay got him. I think. It was some really neat jammies with the feets and everything. I think I also picked this picture because you can see Alex watching his uncle opening gifts.
After Brae's party we had a different party. This one was our Christmas party. I think Christmas should always be a party. This one turned out to be really fun. We ate Lasagna, I at a lot of it. We watched football, always a good past time. Then we did things like have a ginger bread house building contest. The contest was two houses which we split up into teams and built and decorated the houses. Both teams had a challenge as Kristin's team (Tatum, Kristin, Melia and Taylor) opened their box to find the roof of their house had caved in. Nita's team (Me, Dad, Alex and Nita) had trouble because our dispenser for the frosting broke and so we had to put everything on with forks spoons and fingers. It was a lot of fun, and crazy. I remember Melia eating the candy for the other team, you eat it Melia. But they still won. At least that's how the votes were cast.
Up above here you can see the next thing that was up for bid. Yes we had an auction. We used Monopoly money and all had 20 dollars to spend. Then dad auctioned it off. There were some items that went for a lot and others that went for a little. The ball you see above was one of the top sellers with Alex and Melia bidding against each other to the teeth. Another big seller was a lamp that Kristin, Taylor, and Tatum were all bidding for.
It was a really good night. And look we took a really good picture of the family. I wont say who but there was a hook in this picture that we removed.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment