Monday, January 3, 2011

Gnuts and Boltz

As I stare at this picture I have decided to discuss the broken neckness that appears in, on, and off Sawyers neck. We are all aware that sleeping can cause people to get cramps because of how they end up laying but when you are just sitting how easy is it to fall asleep with your neck at a 90 degree angle. Just looking at this picture make me want to pop my neck. I guess that bumbo chairs really do hold children in place... just not their heads.
Sawyer had a doctor appointment today. It was his two month check up. I was at work so Kristin took him by herself. She was a champ because the lady who works behind the counter just didn't get what our insurance policy was and so kept asking her to pay for stuff, yeah no. No payment. So she showed the ditsy blond the book and all the circles and high lights that I made for our policy. The lady ended up making a copy of the pages and she was good to go.
Our kid ended up being the first patient of 2011! Dr. Smalley said that he looked good. The only thing that he saw was (oh look a palindrome) his wiener skins. I know that it probably isn't something you should say on a blog but you know it is a complication that happens all the time. So he pulled the skin down and told us to arm ourselves with Neosporin, and cover it and keep it healthy.
Of course he got a bunch of shots, Sawyer that is not Dr. Smalley. If you got three shots you'd be cranky. He was. If you got three shots you'd cry. He did. If you got three shots you'd want to go to sleep. He didn't. He was a bit unhappy in the evening until we gave him some meds and he was knocked right out. (Oh my gosh my baby is now big enough to give medicine to? He's almost grown.)

--Kerry

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah for palindromes! I never would have noticed had you not pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete