Saturday, June 5, 2010

Are we there yet???

Today we're leaving for our vacation to San Antonio to meet up with all of Kerry's (and my) family. We'll get to hang out with his parents, siblings, and their significant other or friend. We had the shortest drive out of everyone (Tatum and Nita had about 8 hours from Amarillo, and his parents/Taylor and Timmy had about 15 hours from Alamosa, CO) with our trip only taking about 5 hours. Normally that wouldn't be half bad for a road trip, but the stretch from Dallas to San Antonio goes straight through Austin and Waco, making it seem like you're driving in rush hour traffic for 5 solid hours. 'Twas not fun times. We both had to work that morning, so after getting off around 2 and packing the car, we were off. Tatum and Nita were headed that way also, while everyone else was splitting the drive and would roll in the following morning. I personally was excited because this was the first hotel I ever booked, and I was feeling like quite the big girl. It actually was a decent hotel, and I would totally recommend hotwire.com to anyone looking at booking a vacation..I paid $40 for a $60 hotel. *Pats self on back* Anyhoo, after several stops for ol' peepants here, we finally made it and met up with Tatum and Nita, and we decided to go grab some dinner. Pizza Hut it was, nothing too special, but it definitely got the job done. Right as we were ordering I accidentally made a small scene by grabbing Kerry's hand and shoving it onto my belly: he got to feel our son's hiccups for the first time. It's the strangest feeling, like your pulse, only faster, more irregular, and more pronounced. I thought it was pretty cool, the waiter thought I was a nutcase. Oh well. =]





Straight through all cities, ugh. Made for some fun shopping on the way back though! =]



--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment