Sunday, June 13, 2010

When I grow older....

Sunday is such a day that most of the time there is very little going on that doesn't go on normally. We get up, go to church and then work all evening. But yesterday was a hard day for me and I have no idea why. I guess some mornings you just wake up and you just don't want to do anything. You know the feeling. Its the ominous waking moment that takes the breath out of your heart. I guess that's probably how some people feel when they are depressed, and they feel it every day. I can't imagine the dragging feeling that those people have. Almost like they are pulling a car instead of driving it.
On days like yesterday I look around me and think that there is nothing going on that is worth thinking about. Nothing that is worth staying around for. But it's when I look around with that attitude that I get a great punch in the face and God looks at me and says quite bluntly, My grace is sufficient for you. When I think about Gods grace I have to think of his love. Its not the grandmother love that gives you cookies and snacks and hugs all the time. Its more like the parent love that puts a roof over your head but also disciplines you, and some times makes you mow the lawn for just building character.
Some times when you look at it life really comes down to smelling the flowers. (the pictures make sense now right?) When life gets you down Mrs. Brown... We wont go there. But when it takes you a minute to catch your breath just remember you are breathing. When you feel like you lost every battle there is, or when you feel there is no way to go on. Just stop, and smell the flowers. Then look at the flowers and remind yourself they were always there you just didn't see them because you were so busy going and going. If you run fast enough you'll loose even yourself. Thank God for peace that passes understanding, because if I could understand it then there wouldn't be any peace.

--Kerry

2 comments: