Monday, June 7, 2010

Hi-ho, hi-ho, to the Alamo we go!

Let the sight-seeing begin! We all woke up fairly early for being on vacation and grabbed some breakfast from our delish continental breakfast, and hoped to hit the Alamo before it got too hot. Unfortunately, it's always hot down South, so that was a lost cause. I have been to the Alamo before when I was probably 10 or so, but Kerry hadn't. It was neat to go back and be able to appreciate the history behind it this time and take my time to honor all the fallen heroes. After we finished up walking through the Alamo, we headed towards the Riverwalk. Our agenda was lunch, and our destination was Rainforest Cafe. That place never goes out of style, no matter how old you are. It's fun to sit through the "tropical storms" and dine with the elephants and gorillas, and I think the little kids even enjoyed it too. ;] We walked the mall a bit more, and then headed back to soak up some much needed air conditioning, and rest up for the evening. We went to The Magic Time Machine to celebrate Melia's birthday (June 14th) since we obviously wouldn't be able to get together and do so on the actual day, and had dinner and met up with Kerry's cousins and their children. It's a themed restaurant, full of a little bit of everything, and we had Ariel from The Little Mermaid as our server, and boy was that interesting. Anyone who knows my husband knows that he can get along with just about anyone, and needless to say the server got along with him really well. Any other time I would grow horns and have steam coming out of my nose if someone hit on him like that, but it was actually quite funny this time. Taylor and Timmy had a thing: everytime we went out they'd try and see who's "side" the server was on (we had all females), and this time she ended up on Kerry's side, without him even trying. Silly, silly boys. Needless to say, it was a day full of fun and good food, two things you can never have too much of. =]




Not the greatest picture of me, but it meant a lot to get it taken. My Dad got to visit the Alamo with his parents when he was little and got a picture of him, his brothers, and his dad. His dad passed away when he was only 3, so he really cherishes that time he had with him, and that picture is a happy reminder of that day. When we visited when we were younger, we got a picture of me, my sister, and my dad. It makes me pretty emotional to think that 3 generations have stood in that very spot. No, he's not here yet, but I was very proud to get to take my son there as well.


Oh Braeden, how we all wish we could get carted around and get a nap at the same time. ;] For such a little guy, he did really well that whole trip though. (He's only about 5 months old!)


I look like a giant creeper, but I had to capture this happening. I work at a normal, free-standing CVS/Pharmacy, and there was a little convenience store sized one tucked away in the wall. Weirdest thing I've ever seen.

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment