Friday, June 4, 2010

Ketchup.

This is the first of many "catch-up" entries, so I'll try my hardest to make each one interesting and special in it's own way, like a snowflake. =] So Friday was an interesting day, I was lucky enough to have the day off, which worked out great because my name is Kristin and I'm a procrastinator: I hadn't done any packing. It's hard to make sure you have everything you need for yourself, let alone another person. I'm just honing in on my Mom skills and going through daily routines in my head to make sure I have everything I need. Luckily most men are low maintenance and carefree, so as long as you pack them at least 1 outfit you're good to go. (It's our job as women to make sure that clean underwear and deodorant are present, otherwise they'd be more than happy to go without. Ickkk!!) And of course I had to get Miss Maymie's little bag ready to go, because we were lucky enough that our friends Justin and Stephanie decided that they could handle her wackiness for a few days, what a lifesaver! But alas, I got the family packed and we were ready to go. Scratch that, THEY were ready to go. I still needed to do that last load of laundry, clean the kitchen, and run the dishwasher. (Who else is with me: Isn't coming home to a dirty house the WORST?!?) But before I could dive deep into that filth, we had a normal Dr's appointment to head to. It was pretty routine, he's growing at a crazy rate, already bigger than he should be. (He was 2 days behind at 12 weeks, and now he's 2 days ahead at 18 weeks..this should be interesting. =]) The doctor also scheduled us another higher level ultrasound for next week to check on a few things, nothing major, but prayers for a growing baby couldn't hurt eh? ;] Of course we're super excited to get to see him again, it's an indescribable feeling. Hopefully we'll get some more pictures next week, but until then here's the one from "yesterday."




Is he not the cutest thing you've ever seen?!? I can't wait to have him here to spoil and love on!!



--Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I agree - coming home to a dirty house IS pretty awful, especially after a vacation. You are so super-organized (always have been). You need to come take a vacation to Manhattan, Kansas. We have a spare bedroom, and I'll even clean the house for you :) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks long in the pic! You guys will probably have a long baby since you're both super tall. He's cute! My baby just looks like a blob haha

    ReplyDelete