Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mother Nature is awesome!

Kerry very graciously got us caught back up for the last few days, so today was my obligation. We both had the day off, so it was pretty uneventful. Kerry had our friend Jim over and they did boy things and played video games all afternoon, while I hung out with my friend Alexa. Her baby is due in August, but she is going to help plan and host my baby shower, which will be in September, so we're trying to get as much out of the way as possible since she'll obviously have her hands full with her own little man right beforehand. Lucky for me I've got more than one awesome friend, so Stephanie is co-hosting and keeping the project on track: you'd be amazed what pregnancy does to your brain, we're all major ditzes right now! We've got the guest list built, quite meager but still a list nonetheless, and were probably scatterbrained in doing so. That being said, if you don't directly get an invite, you probably should have and you're definitely invited. =] We got invitations picked out, got favors planned, and now Kerry and I just need to decide what games and activities we want to spend our time doing. I can't wait, this will be so much fun!! We rounded out the night with some Whataburger, and saw the absolute neatest thing I've EVER seen in my life. As we were driving through our complex to our apartment, I saw a raccoon, and had Kerry back up because I thought I saw a possum climbing up the tree. Anyone who's ever been around one before knows that they're very mean, and I didn't want that around kids or Maymie, so I was going to report it to the office. When we backed up, we discovered that it was a momma raccoon and her 2 babies!!!!! Hands down, that was the cutest, most heart-warming thing that I've ever seen in my life. We drove around following those things trying to get an awesome picture, but it was just too dark. Those babies were trailing behind their momma just like you see little ducklings do. Kind of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that just like those raccoon babies, lil' boy will rely on me (and Kerry) for everything, we'll be his entire world.



This was the clearest shot we got, at this point her 2 babies were still up the tree. I wish we could've gotten one of them, they were so stinkin' CUTE!!!

We're starting to get a full sized human here folks: lil' boy is measuring about 9 inches long, and over a pound, much like this spaghetti squash. Never thought produce could be so glamorous, eh? ;]

--Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment