Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Edward! Jacob! Cullen!

Okay so we started today with last night. We went into the theater at about eleven thirty and it was already packed. I should have bought stuff from Walmart before I got off work but I didn't think about it until too late so we ended up paying way to much money for drinks and popcorn. Way too much.
Of course you expect when you go to the opening of a movie like Eclipse that there is going to be the entire third grade girls class there and they will all be in their jammies with their big stuffed vamps and wolves by their sides. And of course if they are all there you know that there is going to be lots of stupid noise and screaming for the boys on the big screen. But when the movie hasn't even started and the girls who are in fifth grade are telling the younger girls to 'shut up' its probably bad.
Luckily the movie did quiet down and there wasn't any pregnant wife killing other girls around here. The popcorn was good and the soda stayed full the whole time. The only real set back was that for the second time this week Kristin almost fell in a puddle of water. Pretty sad that it happened two days in a row. The movie was probably the best I have seen in the series thus far but it wasn't something I really wanted to go back and see again in theaters. I wont spoil any of it for all of you who haven't seen it, except that this is the picture we took at the very end. We figured that there would be the title at the end and that would be the picture we'd get. No such luck, so this is what we are stuck with.
So after watching the movie with the wolves and vamps I figured that it would only be fitting to dissect the name Cullen. We like the name Cullen even though it has a "C" sound (cuh) at the beginning of it and that kinda is the same as our names. Its still a nice name and it means handsome. I guess it figures that Stephanie Myers would pick that as the last name for the rock solid beautiful vampire clan she writes about. But if you think about that name on your child it makes sense why people like it. Without even meaning to people would be calling him handsome. I'm down. Not that I don't think he wont be, I know he'll be like the best looking kid ever.

--Kerry

2 comments:

  1. I think that I will be going to the "adult" theater downtown just to avoid the screaming 3rd graders. The Warren Theater in Old Town, you have to be older than 18 to enter because they serve adult beverages. But they show the same movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh the screaming girls is part of the experience I guess. Its like going to Lord of the Rings and every one clapping or Iron Man when there were guys whooping at the screen.

    ReplyDelete