Friday, June 11, 2010

Mount Laundry

After I spent half of today getting caught up on these blogs, I tackled our laundry. Between our clothes, and Maymie's blankets, I think I did about 5 or 6 loads. The process was halted because I ran out of dryer sheets, so after a brief trip to Wal*Mart I got that show on the road. As of now everything is clean, but nowhere near being "done." I really hate folding laundry (Yes, I know, "Get over it, kids generate a ton of laundry." I'll cross that bridge when I get to it in 4 months.) so I probably wouldn't have folded it even if it was only 1 load. After I got it all heaped in a pile, we got ready and headed out to Joann's. While we were at Burlington Coat Factor yesterday, I absolutely fell in LOVE with this baby bedding. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a turtle freak, so this bedding is absolutely perfect for my child. It's way out of my price range, and my Mom already volunteered to make bedding for us, so now the search is on for fabric. Sadly, I'm having a hard time finding patterns with turtles in them that aren't Noah's Ark or jungle scenes, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I may have walked away empty handed today, but I won't give up on it, so the search will continue.



This is the laundry monster that has taken up residence in our bedroom. =/


This collection is called Turtle Reef by Cocalo. Ahhhhhh, it's perfect!!!!


This is my "Joann's doesn't carry any cute fabric" face. (Yes, I'm aware that there's turtles to the left of my head, but you see, they're not the right kind.)

--Kristin

1 comment:

  1. http://www.fabric.com/SearchResults2.aspx?Source=Header&SearchText=turtle&CategoryID=1d5f47dc-9991-4088-93f3-26a376046a5e

    this is all i could find online - i'll keep my eye out :)

    ReplyDelete