Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sloan and Sparta!

Yeah I know what you're thinking, "Kerry just wanted to put a picture of Spartans on the blog." Its true that I did, always have wanted to, but I really do have a reason that Gerard is there. So hold out until the end before you judge.
So this Saturday was a sad day for the USA. We were in the world cup and today we lost it to Ghana. When it all comes down to it the Ghanians (I have no idea if thats what we call them) were just faster than we were and that gave us a great disadvantage. Many sad faces.
Other than that I worked, and it was a pretty good day, no craziness but it wasn't slow either. Kristin on the other hand had an interesting manager closing with her. From what I understand he was French and he kept winking at her, a little bit of a creeper if you ask me.
Okay so the picture, and the title. Well I was looking at all the eighteen names that we had here sitting on the paper and I decided that I would look them up and try to put a face to the name. Not that this picture is how I want my baby to look at all, though if he did come out and scream, "This is Sparta!" I wont say that I would be disappointed. Either way this picture is here because I looked up the name Sloan and found that it is a Gaelic name meaning Warrior or Fighter. So who best to think about when we think of warriors but Gerard as a Spartan.
So we must know that if the baby is called Sloan he will be called a warrior. But you also have to think of how the name sounds, I mean its like: slown. That is okay I guess, but when about nick names? Slowy? Own? And jokes. I just Sloaned you. Yeah, well there is the dissection of name one. On with the show?

--Kerry
Plus what rhymes with it: Bone, phone, grown, stone...

1 comment:

  1. I just have to throw in there that I got that name off of Grey's Anatomy, and so I'll think more of a hotttt doctor. Which if my baby comes out making $$$ at a hospital, I can roll with that too. ;]

    ReplyDelete