Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wh-Wh-Wh-Whiner

I started thinking about why we decided to start a blog in the first place, and it was mostly to keep all of our friends and family that's all spread out up to date on our lives, especially when it started to involve children. Sometimes I feel like I bore people with baby talk, so I try to keep it to a minimum, but I decided that I'm excited and I shouldn't have to hide that, so baby talk it is. =]
It's easy to forget that you're pregnant sometimes, especially if you're feeling good, but I've definitely felt it these past couple of days. He's still sitting fairly low, like right between my belly button and the waistband of my pants, so I've been really uncomfortable lately. I'm sure every woman hits that stage where you just feel like your body can't go any farther, and I feel like my stomach is about to explode, so I can't imagine how I'll feel in another 10 or so weeks. =/ On top of that he's been a punching and kicking machine, so my body isn't too happy right now. Of course it's all more than worth it, and I try not to complain too often, it's just weird to not be in control of your own body and hurt for what seems like no reason. I cherish every movement though, because that lets me know that he's happy, and most importantly, healthy. =] Kerry has been able to feel him move around a lot lately, that is if he's patient enough to sit there and wait. People act like I can just make him move on cue, but just like every other human, he's already got a mind of his own! He's most active when I'm still and relaxing, seeing as a mother's movements throughout the day put baby to sleep, but he's started moving while I'm standing up at work, and it always catches me off guard. Even weirder still, is the fact that I think he shifted himself around the other day, probably why I was so uncomfortable, and was kicking towards my insides. Ew! I'm not even going to lie, that is a pretty sick feeling, it's like nausea and weird pain all mixed together. Again though, gotta love it! He's certainly growing up, and I read that at this point he's probably even having dreams, which to me is insane!! You have to wonder what a person who knows nothing of this world could possibly dream about, but it makes me REALLY excited for him to see everything it has to offer.



I took this when I was 20 weeks and 5 days, so a week ago, and feel like I'm huge there. Kerry measures my belly every week though, and I don't think I really grew any. I'm sure it'll catch up with me, this boy is growing like crazy!

--Kristin

1 comment:

  1. you look SO beautiful, kristin!!! :) i wish i could feel your little belly, feel baby barnett kicking! believe me, you aren't boring with baby talk! i enjoy reading about what my far-away nephew is up to ;). it's great that he's moving so much - he's going to be such a healthy active baby! so exciting! reading your blog (ALMOST) makes me want to consider having children someday, because the experience of it seems uncomparable to anything else. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete