Tuesday, June 8, 2010

SeaWorld? More like SunburnWorld!

Today was the grand finale of the vacation: SeaWorld. Not going to lie, I was pretty excited, I've never gotten to go to any big theme park other than a brief stint to Elitch Gardens for band in middle school. I'm not much of a thrill seeker, so the fact that I'm pregnant and can't go on any rides didn't really bother me, I wouldn't have gone anyway. The big boys sure enjoyed themselves though, I think they rode the same 2 roller coasters about a million times. And the food was sweet, we got an all you can eat pass and so it was pig-out city, awesome! The day was fairly overcast, and before too long it was raining. The worst of it was while we were under a giant roof watching Shamu, so it worked out quite well. Shamu was pretty stinkin' cool. The fact that humans can train that large of an animal that they can't really interact with is amazing. I sadly don't have any pictures of the whales, because I had to make a pee break before the show (of course), and I got separated from everyone else. Luckily Taylor and Timmy found me and we got splashed by Shamu's freezing salt water, but everyone else thought I had gotten cut up into little pieces and fed to the whales. ;] We finally met up afterwords and headed to the waterpark. By this time the sun was out, and it was nice to float in the water and relax. After the waterpark, we saw another water show: Azul. This one was with dolphins, and it was almost like a Cirque du Soleil type thing. There were people jumping and flipping off of every surface, and it was quite the magical experience to be honest. That wrapped up our day, so we headed back to the hotel after visiting the gift shop. The funniest part to me was the fact that I got burned before we ever went swimming. Legs, arms, face, everything. I'm pretty talented at turning into a lobster, ask anyone in my family. Let's hope this boy doesn't get his mommy's weenie skin!!


The boys' first ride of the day: Adventure to Atlantis. Kerry and Tatum are clear in the back, while Nita and I watch in horror as they get wheeled away to be soaked.


I still don't trust sting rays after what they did to poor Steve Irwin, and I mean really, does that face look gentle?! Yeah, it kind of does actually. =/



This was the ending of Azul. Note the dolphins proper "bow."



Couldn't leave without getting something for baby! Afterall, this was the easiest vacation he'll ever have been on. ;]

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment