Sunday, June 27, 2010

Emerson and Emery

Today was a great day. Kristin and I went to church and found out that it was a dunkin' service. They had seven people baptized that morning. They do things different in this church than they did at the churches when I was younger. On the stage at the Village they have a pool and they don't have the pastors do the dunking. The person who is being baptized gets to pick who their baptizer is. I think that the reason they do this is so you can pick a person that has led you spiritually and continues to lead you on through out your life.
Also yesterday was a good day for my family when it comes to the world cup. It was a tough game to think about when Germany and England played each other because I love some of the English players but Germany is my team. Well the game yesterday finished 4-1 in favor of Germany but poor Frank Lampard should have had a great goal. Either way I am glad with the outcome.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet." - Juliet
Today I decided to do both Emerson and Emery, and I'll tell you why. Its because Emerson means "the son of Emery." So if I were to separate them then it would get a little repetitive and boring.
Now we get to the picture of this dood with the head piece.^^ The names are both English and German. The reason I picked this picture here is because it may represent everything that the name means. Brave, this is an Indian brave. Power, the Brave has shown power because of his many battles, his feathers show his power. The last one is 'Work Ruler' and I wanted to take this one apart a little. Not only does the name mean ruler but it means work ruler. So its not just a ruler of people but of those who are workers, the strong. So this name is for the strongest of the strong.

-Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment