Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...

Today was the day we went to the doctors office and found out what we are having. Can you guess? Its a boy! I know some people are smiling their smug smiles and saying to themselves, "Well I guess we don't all get what we want do we." and things like, "Hope you are happy with a boy." I know just because thats how people are, they hope for the fault of other people. I guess it must be human nature. But so much for human nature and all those people who wish we were upset about it. Cause we aren't.
I was sitting in the room with the lights low and only the noise of the sonographer typing. She was looking at the sonogram and she asked us if we wanted to know what our baby was. Then she told us it was a boy. I don't know how any one else in the world felt at that moment. But I was hit with a chest full of butterflies. I think knowing the sex of the baby brings the experience to life.
And now for a name!
Kristin was discussing names with one of our friends and our hair dresser Corrina (she seems to have been in a lot of posts lately) and Corrina made a valid point. This is his name. This is the name that he will be called by us for the rest of his life. His girlfriend will come up with a nickname based on this. He will sign it to his checks, contracts, and wedding license. This will be the name his friends call him, his wife will say to him and his co-workers will remember. It is his name.
So its pretty powerful. I mean names are a big deal, so I thought, why not make this a big deal. I know what you are thinking, no really I don't, but you could be thinking that this is a bad idea. I think its a really good idea. The idea is that we need all of your help. If you read and follow the blog, if you don't follow the blog and you just read it, and I'll post this on facebook, we need all of your help. We are going to start this name game by asking you, all of you, what great boy names would be. I want them all, but I want you to really think about it. Don't send me something like Mansfield that you know I would never pick, or I mean that Kristin would never pick. Send us real names, real names you like. I'll let you know right now that we aren't using the names that most people have. I'm not saying I don't like the name Micheal or Tim, but I don't want to use them. So send me your names, send me what you think would be interesting for our baby to be named. Then from there we'll have an elimination round. And soon name by name will be going home with no glory at all. Plus it'll be fun. So send them text message, email, comment, phone call, or tell me in person.

--Kerry

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo extremely happy for you both!!! He's going to be absolutely perfect! I'll start thinking on some amazing male names :) Give Kris a HUGE hug for me.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. name from "A Bronx Tale" Calogero shorten it to whatever you feel like calling him. It's original you gotta admit :)

    ReplyDelete