Saturday, June 12, 2010

USA v. England 1-1 Draw!


Now the FIFA World Cup is underway. And if you are my friend you probably already knew that. If you are my wife you did know that and you are already sick of hearing about it. I think I have been ready for the World Cup for the past few months but as it grew closer I would talk about it more and more. Sadly for me, and lucky for Kristin, the World Cup only lasts a month. I am sure that if it lasted longer it would loose some of the romance for me but I still will be sad to see it go. But now is not the time to talk about departing ways. now is the time to yell for the teams you love and watch quietly on the sides for the teams you hate but you know are going to beat your teams.
Yesterday was the opening game with South Africa and Mexico and it was a wonderful game. I was really excited to watch it and the rest of the World Cup. Today though held a wonderful game for me and our country. Today the USA played England. This classic match up ended up being a great game with both countries playing well against each other. In the beginning of the game I was worried that the USA were going to loose quite quickly as they conceded a goal in the first ten minutes. But we regained the ground at the end of the first half. From there though it was a high flying battle with both teams defending and attacking well.
I promise not to make any more full blogs dedicated to the world cup unless it really becomes something huge. The picture you see here is a picture of my favorite English player Frank Lampard. I tried to get a picture of Landon Donovan, who is my favorite American player, but the blog was not allowing it today. I should also mention that though I am from the USA and I do hope they do well my all time favorite team is Germany, and I hope they win.
But just so you all know today wasn't just about Futbol. This evening was the baby shower for Bopkins (That's Baby Hopkins for those of you who don't catch the reference), who is LeeAnn and Harry's little boy. No that is not his real name and he isn't here yet but hey they made baby showers before the baby got here because afterward not just the baby needs a shower. And also I think the mothers are much happier before they squeeze child out from inside them. To all the mothers who protest the way I put that I am very sorry.. but to me thats just what it seems like. Either way had a good time there and now its time for bed. We have to go to church tomorrow... well thats not true, we want to go to church tomorrow so we need to get to bed. Much love.

--Kerry

P.S. I just noticed that this is post number 50! That is awesome, thank God we have been able to keep up with it, I hope its not just a bunch of ramble and that some if not all of you enjoy reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment