Saturday, September 25, 2010

Aww dang! I'm tired of people bumping into me!

Yesterday my friend Jill came into town for our baby shower and as she is one of my closest and oldest friends (boy that sounds like I'm old doesn't it.) she stayed a little longer on Saturday, today, so we could hang out. But before we could get together this morning she had to get her tires changed. You see when Jill comes to see me it is always an adventure for her. Much of the time she gets lost, or we get lost, or she runs into something that she really doesn't want to get involved with, or she loses the tread on her tire. Yesterday she lost the tread on her tire. I know that God made us friends so that he could see how funny it was to get us together.
Well changing the tires happened a lot faster than we'd both thought it would so she and I went out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. It was a good choice, pat on the back Jill. The only thing we didn't realize was how busy it was going to be on a Saturday morning. Its okay because the genius who thought of putting a convenience store in the middle of a restaurant made us happy to walk around and look at random stuff. We found some cool and some odd things, and a CD of the singer Mandy Barnett.
After eating we went back to the house so I could do my hair before we went to the mall. In the mall way went to build a bear, which is always fun, and then to Forever 21 where we found some really interesting things. I don't think they had as cool of stuff in that store the last time I was in there. Well once Jill had her fill we decided to check out and went to the register. We stood behind a loud lady on her telephone and her daughter. The little girl was no older than five and was dancing around her mother. Her mom kept yelling at her to hold still. The lady behind the counter took quite some time to check the woman out and the little girl just couldn't hold still. Her mom yelled at her once more and then the poor thing had an accident all over the floor. Jill and I were astonished at how mad the mother was and when she told her friend what had happened her friend just said, "huh," and went on. Needless to say Jill and I were first responders on the clean up. No worries we just stole the towels from behind the counter and covered it up.
From there we went to a book store. For Jill and especially me that is like candy to a child. So we stayed in there until Kristin was about off work and then went home so we could meet her for lunch. Once we were all together we went out to eat at Panda Express. I guess today was not a good day for me and little girls because at Panda we were eating our food and I guess the chairs have a metal piece on them that makes it easy to clean, but I kicked that piece off my chair and it clattered so the whole place heard it and there was a little girl who I scared so bad she started crying. After that Jill needed to get on the road. Its always an adventure with you Jill.
After Jill left Kristin and I had some errands to run and we decided to run them. We went to a different mall and then to Michaels. We got ice cream at the mall and I guess I didn't know that it was a race because Kristin was owning me? Once she finished her treat she said, "I win!" Of course I replied letting her know I wasn't trying to beat her. "I was!" She said with a mouthful. She was overly happy about the situation. Good for her.

--Kerry

2 comments: