Friday, September 10, 2010

Grandma Parade!!!!

Today we got up pretty early to see these three little pigs go to market. This is something that my brothers will appreciate. This picture is a three pig matching set. Two of the pigs are glasses the other is a pitcher. I can remember growing up and always seeing these at grandma's and drinking even milk out of them occasionally. They were pretty awesome and I just thought that it would be cool to get a picture of them.
Along with the pigs we were at my Grandma Barnett's house (GB affectionately). There we saw her and her new dog Ricardo, or something like that. I can't really remember the little things name but he was a cute little bugger and only broke the rules once while I was there. So I suppose him and Gizmo will get along and be best of friends.
GB was good. Always busy that one. She showed us pictures of her granny camp that she had this summer. I can remember the first of these endeavors as it was with me, my two brothers, and two of our cousins. I told grandma that I was surprised that after the torture she had with us that she would still be doing something like this. But she does and she is a champ at it. She took pictures and wrote down everything that went on, even the bad stuff.
After the visit with GB we went to see my Grandma Barnett on the farm. She had no idea we were coming but had tomatoes waiting for us. She is turning 94 this 15th of September and we made sure to wish her happy birthday.
Sadly we had to run back to Colby for the Parade! We watched as the dance and the floats went by and I remembered what it was like to be a kid and try to steal every piece of candy that we could off of the ground. Today we were not as successful as we use to be, mostly because we were taking pictures and videoing the show. Its okay though because there was a little dude who made sure to fill his pockets full.
After the parade we hung out until the game. I can remember a day when I would have paid not to go see a Colby eagles game but today was not that day. Today the eagles took the field to face the eagles. No not a typo. But the eagles won, well the Colby eagles won. It wasn't really much of a game for the other team but we enjoyed watching it. Plus I made sure to get a picture of babies first football game! YAY!

--Kerry

P.N. I will announce that I did not wear either orange or black. And all of you eagle fans can just get mad at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment