Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Beginning of the last trip!

So this morning I got up very early and headed to work. I should send a shout out to lance for switching shifts with me so that I could go to work early. Thanks man. I really needed to go to work early because we were leaving for Colby tonight. I know its getting close to the point in time where Kristin shouldn't be traveling. Haha. Yeah like we ever follow rules. We just knew that we wanted to go see every body and this was the second part of that two part trip.
After work, which went by really fast right up until the last hour I was there, I came home and started loading up the car. Kristin was going to stay at work until 7 so I would have to wait until she came home before we could leave. Of course that means I had plenty of time to load the car and try and lay down for a nap. Well the nap only lasted thirty minutes and then Kris was on the phone with me on her way home from work.
Don fret folks we gout out of here just a little before seven thirty so we made great time on leaving. I would love to tell you that the roads were clear but as is usual when we travel they weren't. It was pouring rain. This was the kind of rain they talked about in driving class when they told you that you probably shouldn't be driving unless you really needed to. As I was driving into Oklahoma area is when it really started coming down. It was much like cats and dogs pounding against the wind shield. Of course there were some advantages to driving in the rain. There were very few other drivers on the road and most of them weren't driving very fast.
The rain only lasted a little while through Oklahoma but made our trip a lot longer. But I'm not going to lie I would rather be in the car with Kristin than any other girl in the world. She was a champ and just let me drive right through the rain without to much fussing. Plus the frogs we saw jumping out in the middle of the road were pretty awesome too. Of course we are still driving, ten hour trip... yay!

--Kerry

P.N. The picture is of a mailbox that we saw at a Wal-Mart we stopped at, I thought it was cool so I took a picture for the blog. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment