Saturday, November 6, 2010

Burgers and Brats!!

Every since I started watching Man Vs. Food I have wanted Adam Richman to come to the town that I live in. I use to live in Amarillo and I have been to some of the restaurants that he showed on his show. No I haven't ever had the 72oz steak. But now I live in Dallas and he has yet to come here or even anywhere near here. So I have been searching for a place that would serve all my delicious fatty foods to me. Well ladies and gents I may have found it.
Today Jim and I went to Burgers & Brats. I have been eying this place for a while but Kristin hasn't ever felt in the mood. So as a victory meal for having an awesome kid Jim and I went there today. As we walked in the first thing I noticed about the place was that it was smaller. Most of the time smaller places either have really good food or really poor food. Well as we walked up to the counter I put in my order for two bratwurst and he for a burger. Then we waited.
Well Jim's burger came out with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese piled on top of the burger and a load of fries. My brats came out covered in onions with a side of sour kraut and German hot potato salad. That was probably the best food I have had in a long time. Both Jim and I, along with several of my friends on facebook, approve.
After eating I went back to the house and Samantha Hernandez came over to see Sawyer. Her and Kristin exchanged stories about having babies and what happens afterwards. We are glad to have friends who have already been through having a kid. The experiences are great from both sides.
Later on in the evening Jim and his Samantha came by to play Monopoly. This thrilling game is played by my family but not by my wife. She thinks that it takes too long to play and it isn't that fun. It is arguable as we were playing for five hours before the game was done. Jim won... barely.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment