Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips Et tu, Brute

Zomigosh! This is blog number 200, 200 people. Can you believe we made it this fart? Er.. far. (That's just for you mom.) I am really surprised. I mean after going to Colby, and taking other trips, having a baby, and all the work that was put into it you'd think that maybe we wouldn't still be doing this. I know that I didn't but I'm sure some people thought that this wouldn't be here any longer than a few weeks at the most. I'm just glad that I can still find the time to put something up here.
Today before I went to work LeeAnn and Griffin came over. They brought lunch and hung out with Kristin for a good portion of the afternoon. I'm not sure the cousins know each other better than they did before but you never know with little kids. We are excited to have them hang out in the future when Sawyer is a little older. It was good to see them though. I know the Kristin enjoys getting to see people as she probably feels pretty cooped up here at the house all day long. I know that I would.
So today was my second day back to work. Amazingly my feet didn't really hurt after yesterday's eight hours. Well today was little different than yesterday. We are in full Christmas swing at Wal-Mart and we are receiving more and more candy for the season. Of course since we are in full swing so should the customers, but oddly enough the two days I have been there it hasn't really been that busy. I'm kinda disappointed but hopefully the weekend will make up for it.
Just because it was slow doesn't mean that I can say that it was boring. There is always plenty to get done especially when you are down a few CSMs. So I was running around doing work for most of the evening until about eight. At that time I was coming up front from the back so that Sam could go home. As I walked up front I found that we had a situation. The door handle to our accounting office was not working with our keys so we couldn't get it. We tried everything we knew and we called a manager who tried everything that he knew of and we still couldn't get the thing to budge. It wouldn't have been so bad except that we didn't quite have everything in the office that needed to be. We also were needing to get in there so we could close down the store. Well the rest of my night was spent waiting for a locksmith that got the wrong directions to our store. So at almost eleven he showed up and let us in, thank goodness. And just in time for me to get off.
I would like to say that I got home and went to sleep like normal but last night was not the easiest night with Sawyer. I don't know why he was upset but he just was being fussy and not going to sleep for the longest time. I would have to say that he and I didn't look much like the picture you see of us sleeping there. Its okay, I just need to teach him how to talk so he can tell me whats wrong. Thats all. Language.

--Kerry

1 comment:

  1. They do know each other a little better. Griffen taught Sawyer how to sound like the Grudge & Sawyer taught Griffen how to sleep. (He needs a little help on that one- so that is appreciated!)

    ReplyDelete