Monday, November 1, 2010

1 week!

One week ago today you were born. One week ago today you changed our lives and filled us up with something we'd never had before. One week ago we learned what scary arms were. One week ago your grandmas simultaneously heard you crying your first cries. One week ago God made a miracle, and every day since He's done it again.
So today we had the second doctors appointment. Basically we went in there and weighed Sawyer(up 3.5 oz), and then we measured him(21in). Then they checked the regular things they check on babies. The only thing that was of any real significance was that his cord looked to me as if it was only hanging on by a string and I know that there aren't any nerve endings in it but it still looked like it was going to hurt. So Dr. Smalley cauterized it. I haven't any idea what all that is suppose to do but I guess that it'll be fine. He said there wasn't anything that we had to do for it so we are just leaving it alone.
After the doctor we went to Wal-Mart so that I could get all of my paperwork set up so I was getting paid while I take all this time off. We got all of that set up and then left the walls with Justin in tow. The four of us went to the hospital to get Sawyers foot pricked and put some blood on some paper for some tests. And that's as clear as mud. While we were on our way out we ran into Jim. Sadly yesterday Jim broke his leg, or a small bone in it at least. Poor guy, its one of the slender long bones to probably one of the easiest to get broken.
Well we spent the afternoon with Justin at our house and then we lazied the night away. I'm about to go to sleep right now. Hope you kids have a good night, sorry it was so short.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment