Friday, November 26, 2010

Clean up crew!

When I left you I said we were walking into destruction, or at least that we were ready for it, well we were right to be ready. At 12 am there were more people at Wal-Mart than should have ever been at that time. Plus because everything went on sale at that time we weren't really prepared for it. We had planned just like we'd always planned and just had tons of people coming in at five, but since the sale started earlier we had to coax a few into coming in earlier. To those few who did thank you so much for coming in you made it that much easier.
But just because we weren't prepared doesn't mean that the customers thought we shouldn't have been. They weren't really very happy and even before we started checking people out we had grouchy people. I expected this but you never like it when you get it coming directly at you. I think the biggest problems were that the people who were there hadn't been to sleep yet and some of them were smelling of alcohol. Not good to tick off a drunk who wants to buy something. But we made it though the first two hours of sales and then it slowed down just a bit. Justin and the others of us who had come in early were taking breaks and we all went out to eat in between shopping sprees. We went over to IHOP and had late evening talk, which is always funny, even when its not.
From there we went back for round two. This time the sale went on a bit longer and Justin and I were run ragged. But we made it through and had a good blitz. I would like to say that I went home and slept for hours... I didn't. I may have slept for a little bit but it wasn't very long.
These pictures weren't taken today but they are of the times when Sawyer was introduced to the Barnetts, my side of the family. The top picture is my Grandma Barnett and Sawyer. They look like they got along pretty well. I have seen her give that face to many kids and it looks like he got it as well.
This other picture is my mom and my little brother Braeden. To me it looks like he is going up to Sawyer and thinking, "Hey, that looks like me!" I heard that he was being very gentle to Sawyer, most of the time at least. Even though I couldn't be there it makes me feel good that my parents and family were able to meet Sawyer. He is my favorite and I hope that he can be their favorite too.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment