Monday, November 8, 2010

Green beans and leftover seaside magic...

This is the last day before I head back to work. Wow two weeks has really come and gone since I was at work? Crazy. I'm not going to lie I am excited about going back to work tomorrow but leaving Kristin and Sawyer here will be hard. These past two weeks I have been learning all about Sawyer and all the quirky things he does. Getting up and changing him at night is a pleasure because I know that's time I get to spend with him, even if it is in lieu of a messy diaper.
Today we had a doctors appointment to check Sawyers weight. Dr. Smalley wants to make sure that he is back up to birth weight. Last week he was 7lb 14oz so he was down seven ounces from when he was born. We figure if he gains an ounce a day he'll make it back up to that weight. Well we got to the doctors and there was very little waiting and we were in and stripping the kid down to see how much he weighed. 8lb 14oz. He gained a whole pound since last week. That's just nuts. So no only did he make it to his birth weight he over did it by 9 ounces. Funny thing is he really isn't soft, still a pretty solid kid.
From there we did the usual Wal-Mart run and made sure to show of this growing kid to every one. (Including Andi) Plus we bought groceries. I know that is a small victory but you know some times you just don't know how you are going to buy them. Lately Kristin hasn't been working and we have money in the bank in case we need it but we really want to use that money for Christmas and traveling so we are trying to just use my money to take care of everything. Its been really hard but we are making it by right now. I want all of you who get Christmas presents from us to know how much we sacrificed for you... just kidding its just organizing, all organizing.
Okay this picture is a hook picture with a gummy worm as the hook. I'd say its the first time in my life the worm was used as the hook instead of the bait. Thanks Charlie.

-Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment