Sunday, November 28, 2010

Over Abundance!

Today I woke up and went to work knowing that I would get off later than I wanted to. I was working until 5 I think. But that was way to late because I had a ten hour drive to Kansas that night. Well I went in to work with the best attitude I could have and things turned out to be pretty good. It was one of the few times that we had way too many cashiers. I had so many that I was sending them all over the store so that managers could sapp on their job and make us do it. Only kidding. But it was very crazy, it probably meant that later that evening they weren't going to have to many at all. Well lunch came for me and Beatrice, one of my managers, was talking to me and found out that I had a ten hour drive ahead of me, so she told me to go home. I agreed that there were plenty of people and that they didn't really need me so I told her I'd work until one and then head out.
At one I left Wal-Mart and headed back to my house to pick up Maymie. We then loaded up and headed to Kansas. Maymie sat up front so that she could help me with directions, she fell asleep about an hour in and wasn't much help at all. But the weather was good and the driving went pretty quick while the sun was still up. I know that if you have been reading a while you know that I don't like to drive, but maybe this time was different because I was by myself with just the dog or because I really wanted to see Kristin and Sawyer, but it wasn't all that bad, except that it was ten hours of gruesome driving. I hate that drive.
Once we arrived in Colby I went to the Skiles house. It was one in the morning and I was very tired. So Kristin and I carefully pulled everything in the house and then went up stairs with Maymie in my arms. All went well except for when I put the dog down and she started clacking like a cracker jack. Either way she calmed down and we went to sleep in the bed with Sawyer and Kayla.. not weird at all... she was on the opposite side of the bed. G'night.

--Kerry

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture :) So glad I got to see Kristin & Sawyer while we were back in Colby at the same time(for once!)

    ReplyDelete