Wednesday, November 3, 2010

If you have no legs, run!

Last night we didn't hear from our neighbors below us but we also didn't have a kid crying as much as he had the night before. This time he was just fussy. I know fussy kids, but some times I think that the kids are trying to tell us something. How frustrating do you think that it is to be a child who wants to communicate but he can't, at least he can't communicate the way we can. But he can hear and he has made the connection that when he presses air out of his lungs he makes a loud sound. So if he can hear that sound then he is sure that some one else can also hear that sound, and until he gets what he wants he will continue to make sounds like this. So then he feels hands wrapping around him and he is lifted out of bed into someones arms. He calms down, but its not what he wants so he starts screaming again. He doesn't want to be rocked, he doesn't want to swing, he doesn't want to dance, he doesn't want this he wants something else. So even if his crying is not as loud its still there and he will keep crying until he gets what he wants. He is put down so he yells again, he is picked up again. Finally he is handed from one set of arms to another. This second set takes him and lays him on her chest. She smells nice, he likes that smell. These are the hands he wanted to hold him. Some times a kid just wants his mom.
We got up pretty early, 8am to be exact, because we had an appointment at the WIC office. Sawyer needed to be added on so that they could get food that was good for him. They also wanted to check and make sure that both Kristin and him were healthy. They are! I was glad so we went to McDonalds for breakfast, glory!
Well neither of us were able to get back to sleep so we stayed up and got dressed. I with a sneaky plan to get Kristin some more sleep started playing a video game. She did just as I suspected and fell asleep on the couch behind me. I was glad she could get a nap.
Sawyer got up later in the day and he was wide eyed. I like goofing off with him when he is like that. I was putting my fingers in his hands and then pulling them away to see if I could get him to pull on my hands. He did and that kid is strong because he almost pulled himself up.
Justin and Stephanie came by before they went to church. Stephanie made a point to let me know that I had posted so many other peoples pictures with Sawyer but none of her. That is why today you will see two pictures of her with sawyer. Hope you like that!
Finally I would like to bring every ones attention to Justin in this picture. Though his face is steady and his stance is perfect the reason we are looking at this master of martial arts is his hands. No this isn't the way of the crooked palm it is the hook. I know in the past you have all heard of my pictures with hooks in them and you have seen as Justin and I sneak them into the picture as much as we can. But I am not sure if you know the history behind the hook. You see when I was living in Kansas I hung out with a girl name Jade and she told me this story. There was a family who were trying to get a great family picture and since there were a lot of people it was hard to get a good picture. Well there was a young man with a vision amongst this family and every time that he would stand in the picture he would slowly start bringing his hand up and putting a hook in the picture. When asked why he did this he just said, "I wanted to put a hook in it." Sounds good to me. Now if any of you read this blog I want you to take a picture and send it to me and yes you have to have a hook in it. Kaythanxbia

--Kerry

P.N. Oh yeah send them to my gmail. Dreu.barnett@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment