Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cold Diaper Pee.... nice.

I went to work this morning knowing that it was going to be busy as tomorrow is the Super Bowl. This is the first time I have ever worked a Super Bowl when the game was actually in the same place as I was working. But this morning when I got in I had no idea what a mess it would be. The oddest thing is that the biggest mess wasn't anything to do with customers. You see we were instructed as CSMs to go outside and knock off all the ice and snow that would could reach off the roof. That way it wouldn't' fall off and kill people. So we were basically saving lives. Well while I was out there saving lives the Cart Pusher was walking along talking to me. As we were doing this we heard a large rushing sound and then saw a pipe that trailed along the outside of the store start shaking and then water burst out of it. One of the knobs on the pipe blew off and we had to call in the big troops to get it fixed. Along with all that every register in our garden center was down because of the power outage the other day. Lots of fun.
I was very excited that in the midst of all of that Kristin, Justin, and Stephanie all came out to eat breakfast with me at IHOP. We also had Jordan, one of the cashiers, eating with us. Another fun adventure at IHOP with all the whisper yelling you could take went on. But I had to get back to work, I knew it was going to be busy.
After I went back to work Kristin and the DeLeons went shopping at once upon a child. They picked up some pretty cool things for the kids. Then Kris went home to pack. We only have three weeks until we move so that packing had to get done.
In other parts of the world, Denver to be sure, Taylor was in his first Jujitsu tournament. I wish I could have been there but was pretty excited either way. I know that he is really pretty good at every thing he does and this was something he started just recently. I think he'll enjoy it the more he does it.
The Super Bowl's tomorrow. You ready?

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment