Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Heartless

Some nights you sleep all night. Most nights I sleep all night. Most of the time I never wake up in the night not matter what goes on. The wind and the rain, the storms, nothing in fact wakes me up most of the time. But last night there was a thunder sound that broke through the sky like a shark breaking water and took me out of my sleep. Then it was raining ice and that kept hitting the window so I stayed awake for most of the night. By the morning the roads were covered in ice and I had to go in at 6:30.
I was up and out to work so that I made it to the store on time. When I walked in it was like the place had been given up to the dead people. There was no one there but one cashier for the days and two of the over night cashiers. A few hours later my full crew of five was there and the store had over forty call-ins. They day was the slowest day I have seen in a long time. I wasn't really surprised that no one was there. It was fun to run a skeleton crew but I kind of wish that I hadn't been the only CSM there. I had to let a manager watch the front so that I could go on a lunch break. All in all it was a pretty good day.
Kristin stayed home today and stayed inside where there wasn't any ice. She and Sawyer put on a show with Maymie trying to get her to take pictures. This one was my favorite because it looks like Maymie is apathetic and Sawyer is a bit like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs. I just need to get him... oh wait.. yeah he has a pet tiger. The tigers name is Atreyu instead of Hobbs. But I would say that the literature that he is named after would lead up to the same amount of mischief.
Also my brother and his girlfriend (Pictured in Jack Quinn's above) got married. Yeah that's right no big deal they just tied the knot today. We are all pretty excited to welcome Nita into our family. She will make a pretty good character to this cast of Misfits and Masterminds. Welcome home kid.

--Kerry

P.N. Misfits and Masterminds is a group of awesome people. Be careful before you try and take on the title of M&M. Its not chocolaty and doesn't melt in your hand. In fact the only place it will melt is in the middle of the sun where it is so hot it freezes things. The only animals ever accepted into the M&M organization were a dragon, pegasus, unicorn and a pygmy marmoset. Proceed with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment