Tuesday, February 22, 2011

He'll put a spell on you

You are all going to be very upset with me because I took zero pictures of the move. Yep, but I'll tell you all about it. Kristin had to work this morning but I was off. I had asked the day off along with Jim so that he could help me move. What a nice guy. I had also asked Jordan, a cashier, and Sarah, a service desk associate, if they would come over an help also. Every one was set to get here at ten. (It kind of feels like I haven't got any friends except for people from work.) So before ten I was getting stuff ready. You know the normal things. Putting on cloths, eating, feeding the baby putting the baby to sleep.
Once Sawyer was asleep I went over to the other house so that I could start to get stuff moving, don't worry I locked him in. I had just started taking boxes down stairs when I got a phone call from Jordan asking where I lived. He showed up and we started moving things down stairs. Not long after Sarah arrived. I had her start packing up the kitchen in the old house. It was a pretty good assembly line. I would take the boxes down stairs and Jordan would wheel them over to the other apartment building.
A bit later Jim showed up and starte3d helping me with what I was doing. We also decided to grab some of the bigger items. Smart idea to get them moved before we were tired and out of strength. So we started with the couch. We moved it upstairs and found that Sawyer was awake. Luckily Jordan was already up there taking care of him. I enlisted him in the day care service for the while Sawyer was up. He did a pretty good job keeping him entertained. The rest of moving was pretty easy except for things like the baby bed which we had to take the doors off the hinges to get in and out of the rooms. But Jim and I moved most of the boxes while Sarah packed and unpacked the kitchen and the storage room.
When Kristin got off work she brought Justin over with her and by that point we were down to just moving one more room over. So the three of us, Justin, Jim and I, moved the last of the stuff over. To thank every one for staying over there and helping us move all day we ordered pizza and hung out in our clutter filled room. Thank you all again for all of your help.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment