Sunday, August 29, 2010

Five Hour Power

So you know when you go home to see your parents and you are loading your car back up after the visit. Well when you are doing that you are of course taking some of the stuff you left at their house until you could move it in with you and you guess that now is about the right time to take it with you. You know when you have done that about eight times you realize that you probably have to much junk. Especially when you are going to have to come back for more next time. Of course most of this trip was getting the stuff for the baby and that did take up a bunch of room, plus we took a few of my boxes home. (Yeah Harry Potter books!) Needless to say that car was a little fuller then when we started the trip out and poor Maymie was packed in the back with the rest of the baggage. I'm a little scared that it is going to happen again when we go to Colby.
Either way we packed up all our stuff the night before and only had to take a few things out to the car when we left. At 3 in the morning. It was my idea, my plan, I guess but I knew that we needed to get a good night sleep at our house because the next week there was a lot of working with only one day off a piece.
So our car ride was really quick in the morning and the first six hours slipped by quickly. I did my best but I still had to scramble in the back seat of the car for a 5 hour energy. I lower my head in shame at announcing this but it was a twelve hour drive and I was running on only five hours of sleep. We made it to Amarillo before Nita went to work and we had lunch with Tatum and her at Fizzolies. I hope I'm spelling that right. After that we went to their house and took showers and were quickly on the road again.
The rest of the tip seemed like it was taking a little longer than it had when we left. But considering that the whole thing is twelve hours I guess it would seem like a longer second half. We stopped at the gas station that Kristin found her prizes of gum at and got some more, I took some rock candy this time around. Then we preceded to take a wrong turn on the final stretch. It took us an extra thirty minutes to get back to Lewisville but we made it. The rest was a quick black our for me.

--Kerry

P.N. Kristin is going to post yesterdays post but she said I could start writing the rest of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment