Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Go West Young Man, Let The Evil Go East

So today turned out to be one of those massively long days. Kerry had a longer shift than I did, but we both got off at 7:00, so we met up at home, scooped up Maymie and the rest of our luggage, and hit the open road. The drive honestly wasn't too bad (of course I was only a passenger), time seemed to go by pretty fast. I'm not much of a night driver, I'm either blinded by all the lights, or my eyes trip themselves out because of the pitch black. Either way, not much help at all. As a passenger though, these problems don't bother me, so I always make my main focus to stay awake and keep Kerry alert. Usually we just talk or listen to music and talk, so either way we just end up having a blabfest. It's a test that we pass everytime; we never run out of things to talk about, especially with the upcoming arrival of our little boy! He was a pretty good passenger, didn't hurt me too badly aside from a hard jab here or there. Much easier to travel with him at this point I'm sure. =] Anyhoo, there were lots of stops (for me of course), and we found a cool gas station (not sure where it was) that had a bunch of random kinds of candy, and I found some of the different fruit flavored Super Bubble gum, yumm!! I munched on that to stay awake, and Kerry had to break down and drink a 5 Hour Energy. I don't think he really likes to take them, but boy do they help. Our destination for the night was Amarillo, TX, where Tatum (our brother) and his fiancé Nita live. (I don't know whether the girl version has 1 or 2 E's, I'm sure Kerry will correct me later.) We finally rolled into town at around 2:00 in the morning I think, and we were ready for a break. We stayed up and talked for awhile, but Tatum had to be up early to open his store (he's a Subway store manager) so they went to bed, and we crashed shortly thereafter. Kerry slept like a dead person of course, but I woke up everytime Maymie let out a little "brrrf" at the neighbors. I'm sure I'll be enjoying some sleep in the car tomorrow. =]


Everyone else was awake, but of course she had had a rough, long day, so she needed her Zzzzz's.

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment