Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th, dun dun dunnn..

Today was the rare and elusive day off..for BOTH of us!! We didn't have any special plans other than sleeping in, and a text at the buttcrack of dawn kind of put a dent in that. I was going to schedule us hair appointments, but they said Corrina wasn't going to be in on Friday, so I was going to wait. She texted me that morning and said she'd opened up her schedule though, so I called right away to make sure we'd get in. Our appointment was at 11, but she's a workaholic, so we had to wait while she finished up with another client. It worked out okay though, because randomly, VERY randomly, my sister LeeAnn and her mom were there! LeeAnn's in-laws showed up, so she decided to sneak out for a haircut. I'm sure being pampered and relaxing for a few hours was nice for her, seeing as Griffen is only 3 weeks old and I'm sure she's been busy non-stop. They got done a lot sooner than we did, and they peaced out to go run some errands, so we were left to entertain ourselves. Poor Kerry sat there for forever, good thing he had his iPhone to keep him company. I let Corrina go wild with color, I'm pretty much a blank canvas when it comes to that. We decided on a dark purplish plum color for a shadow underneath, and red/blonde pieces everywhere. It looks AWESOME, but I haven't gotten a good shot of it yet, I'll make that a priority, I promise! While my color was setting, Kerry got his cut. She always gets it just right. He told me afterwards that he told her to make it chin length, but she wouldn't do it because she knew I would be mad..you go girl! It's so nice having someone that knows what you want without you telling them. I got mine cut afterwards, and she started hacking before she even knew what I wanted. What an artist. Both our styles turned out amazing, and it felt good to get beautified. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in one more time before I have the baby, but we'll see. We finished out the day with some Whataburger, and watched some Grey's Anatomy. It's funny how lame we are, but I absolutely wouldn't have it any other way.



The artist at work. I have a tonnn of hair, so that took a good while. We went at 11 and left at about 4. hahah

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment