Sunday, August 15, 2010

So you think your unborn baby can dance?

SPOILER ALERT!! If you watch "So You Think You Can Dance" and haven't seen the finale yet, I'll ruin it for you, stop here. Or if you've never heard of it, or don't care, read on! =]

Do you ever feel really lazy, even though you get a lot accomplished? I worked an early shift today, and of course Kerry is closing, so I came home to an empty house. Yes, Maymie counts, but all she wants to do is eat or sleep, so she doesn't really count in this instance. There were a million and a half things to do, but I decided to watch So You Think You Can Dance on Hulu instead. It's a competition style show about dancing, and they have all different styles on there. For you critics, yes, dance IS a sport, and the winner of this competition is going to be on a Gatorade campaign as an athlete, so in your face. (I took dance for 13 years, so it really pisses me off [pardon my language] when people don't recognize it as a sport..I mean, REALLY?!?) Basically, it's the American Idol of dancing. It was down to the final 3, Robert, Kent, and Lauren, so it was pretty intense. They re-enacted all the best performances from the season, one of them being a number in which one of the dancers is now out on an injury. They just scrapped it huh..nope! They got Ellen to fill in! I love Ellen!! That was pretty epic, but they had to get on to announcing the winner. Robert got 3rd place, which was predictable, and Kent got 2nd, making Lauren the winner. This girl was freakin' amazing, she literally nailed every style of dance they threw at her, including some crazy Tahitian hula type stuff. Pretty good show, glad I was able to watch it on the computer since we don't have cable. After I got done with the show I did all my chores, laundry and dishes, and then I started catching up on the blog. We're really sorry that we get so behind, it just gets chaotic, and then no one wants to write a novel when they come home from work completely beat. I personally will try and get better at keeping up, and I'll try to get Kerry to do the same.

Random sidenote: I just felt something pretty gnarly. I've gotten used to the baby kicking, at this point it's just like "Oh hey guy, what's up? Being crazy, that's nice.", but this was weird! My stomach kept getting hard, and I could feel him in there wiggling around, so I figured that he was probably arching his back out and that was the hardness I was feeling, so I used 3 of my fingers to kind of poke around and try and figure out what he was doing. Weirdest thing I've felt thus far: it was either a foot, or a joint! SOSOSO weird to feel someone pushing back against you! Now I'm on a manhunt to track down that little body part that was jabbing me, I want to try and figure out exactly what it was. Sneaky, sneaky baby. x]



So Maymie pretty much thinks she's a people I think. She'll go through spurts where she thinks she's a little dog, but today was full out human mode. She started out the day under the covers with Kerry, since she can't sleep on the floor, and I caught her over on the couch earlier resting her head ever so delicately on the pillow. Really dog, really?!

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment