Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tax Free huh?

I was up at five this morning. That is a very early day for almost any one. I know that farmers and my parents are up at 5 in the morning but you know that most people just sleep later. I sleep later, I sleep at least until seven if I can. Kristin, if unwatched, will sleep until eleven if she can. Maybe our baby will be more like her but I doubt it, most babies wake up pretty early. Why then was I up at five, well its because I went to work at six. I went into work on the second day of tax free weekend at six.
Tax free weekend is a holiday that the government came up with for no good reason. I guess they wanted to help out the poeple of the USA and let them not have to pay tax for one weekend. Last year I can remember there were several things other than school supplies that were tax free. This year on the other hand there was a list that covered a whole page full of things that were tax free. Things that included Depends and Diapers. I know that should have bought some but I just couldn't bring myself to hold diapers for two months.
Kristin and I both went in early today and had the morning rush. We found out that people sleep past five in the morning and aren't out buying school supplies and depends early in the morning. Really the biggest part of my morning was before seven in the morning when we were trying to clean up the mess from the night before. It was quite the party. I walked the isles of the school section and realized that its no wonder that my parents home schooled. There is just way to much junk that these kids in public school need. I mean a highlighter that has a cone tip? really? Either way the picture is Maymie looking at a lizard friend of hers that plays on the window at night. So tired.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment