Monday, August 9, 2010

Register! Register! Re.. okay only twice

So today was my day off, yay me. I think all of the posts I post that I have the day off start like that. I need to come up with something new or else you are all going to think that I'm pretty boring. I also noticed that I start a lot of paragraphs with the word 'okay' and I'm pretty sick of that. I guess that I'm going to try my best to mix it up a little, from here on out that is. I'm not going to go and change anything I've already written. But days off are pretty easy.
I ran, and I ran well. I know that most people don't get the feeling that I get when I'm running. If they did then most of the world would be runners. When I'm running and I can feel my legs are ready to go, my breathing is steady and I don't even feel as if I'm using my muscles then I know I'm having a good day. Today was one of those days. It just started out right as far as running goes. I of course came home and went to take a shower, I assumed that the best time to take a shower was when you sweat. My shower was cold though and Kristin says that negates any opening of the pores I had going while I was sweating. Yay me.
Registering for having a baby is pretty fun I'm not going to lie. We went out to Babies'r'us (with the 'r' reversed) to set up the first registry. BRU was my request as Kristin said we were only going to register at two places and one of them being Wal-Mart I was allowed to pick the other. Since she wouldn't go for the Bass Pro Shop I selected BRU. We went in and sat down and was handed the stuff by the smallest little old woman named Bettie. She helped us with ideas in the beginning and put an enormous amount of diapers on the thing. (Apparently a kid goes through around 2000 in their first year.) Then she handed us the gun, making sure we knew which buttons were hers and which were ours, and we were off through the color coded store to sign up for anything we could ever want.
You might say that I went "hog wild" as we walked through picking up almost anything so that we could add it to the list of stuff we might want. I'm very glad that I married a lady with enough "Oomph" that she can take people laughing at us. But we, as comical as we are, walked and wobbled through the store and collected the amount of items adding up to 151, some of them repeated, for our unborn child. It was a lot of fun, I think for both of us if not more for me than for her. I was also pleased to find out that she and I have nearly the same idea for what kind of toys we want our child to play with. Basically nothing annoying.
We also did the Wal-Mart registry today and fixed some small items on the internet. We haven't yet put the grandparents on there but rest assured Mom's and Dad's you will be added. Though the I looked and there isn't really a place for all of the kids great and great great grandparents. For all of you wondering he will have a total of 10 Grandparents when he is born. Four being our parents, three great grandmas and three great great grandmas. Blessed is the word you're looking for. Love you all.

--Kerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment